The Dayton Municipal Court was created in 1913 by the Ohio State Legislature and began its judicial operation in 1914, serving the citizens in the boundaries of the City of Dayton, Ohio.
Dayton Municipal Court - Traffic School Program
The Dayton Municipal Court Traffic School Program enables approved defendants, who have voluntarily entered a Plea of Guilty to a minor misdemeanor traffic citation, issued within the jurisdiction of the Dayton Municipal Court, to have their cases dismissed and no points assessed to their driving records upon successful completion of the program and payment of the program fee.
To learn more click here: Dayton Municipal Court Traffic School Program.
Five full-time judges serve on the Dayton Municipal Court along with two full-time magistrates. Administrative, professional, technical and clerical functions of the court are provided by fifty-nine court employees. Support positions include court administrator, probation officers, court legal advisors/reporters, assignment coordinators, bailiffs, marshals, secretaries and law clerk.
The Clerk of Court's Office is the repository of public records for the Dayton Municipal Court. The Clerk and his management and support staff of 50 Deputy Clerks assure that municipal court case documentation is recorded and maintained appropriately for public record.